|One half of the table runner.|
|The other half of the table runner.|
|Close up of one of the bird.|
|Another close-up of a birdie.|
- Choose an open design or one specifically intended for use with mylar.
- Float the mylar on top of the design area. Machine-baste, or temporarily tape down edges of the mylar.
- Stitch design as usual.
- Gently pull away mylar from the perimeter of the design. You may need tweezers to remove pieces in corner areas.
Materials I used for this project:
- Mylar Hummingbirds embroidery design set by Charming Station Embroidery.
- Opal Mylar film from Heirlooms By Sharon.
- Brickroad Table Runner by All About Blanks.
- Polyester embroidery thread by Pacesetter.