- Shamrock (Greenwork) from Embroidery Library (I did not stitch out the stars)
- Shamrock Wreath from Embroidery Library
- The clovers are built into IQ Designer on my Destiny II machine
- The background stipple was also done using IQ Designer on my machine.
- Three 8.5" squares of white background fabric
- Ten 2.5" x 8.5" strips of contrast green fabric
- Eight 2.5" squares of white background fabric
- Backing fabric
- Cotton Batting
|My fabric choices - found at my local JoAnn store.|
- Embroider each large block.
- Use 1/4" seams.
- Stitch two green 8.5" strips to the left and right sides of each wreath-embroidered block.
|Make two of these.|
- Stitch two small white 2.5" squares to both sides on four green strips.
|Make four of these.|
- Stitch two of those green/white strips to each of the wreath-embroidered blocks to complete them, matching up seams.
|Complete two of these blocks.|
- Stitch two 8.5" green strips to top and bottom of the 8.5" center block.
- Stitch the center block to the adjoining wreath-blocks (matching up seams) to complete your table runner row.
|Complete table runner top.|
- Lay the backing fabric, face down on your cutting surface.
- Add a layer of cotton batting.
- Add a layer of Insul-Bright to allow it handle hot dishes.
- Lay the table runner top on top of this.
- Pin-baste the quilt sandwich.
- Quilt as desired. 😃
- I hooped the quilt sandwich for each main block and used my Destiny to scan the hoop.
- Based on embroidery design, I used IQ Designer to draw an outline around the embroidery and added stippling around the design inside each large block.
- I re-hooped and scanned the quilt sandwich for each block and added the small clover built-in design.
|After my quilting.|
|Close-up of in-the-hoop stipple quilting.|
- Trim the batting layers and fabric. I chose to self-bind this table runner using the backing material, so I trimmed my batting and backing fabric for this method.
|Finishing the last of the self-binding.|
You can see this table runner's embroidery has extra dimension for the extra layer of insult-bright fabric that was added. I like it! ☘️