Here are the rules:
- every tagged person has to tell 11 things about themselves
- the person who tagged you asked 11 questions, answer them
- ask 11 questions for the 11 blogs you're going to tag (the people you tag should have less than 200 followers) I realize now that I forgot about the # of followers part for a couple of my tags - sorry!
- mention the blog that tagged you, but don't tag them back.
Let's get started: 11 things about me
- Born and raised in the United States in the suburbs of Maryland, outside of Washington, DC. I now live not too far away in the suburbs of northern Virginia.
- I am a first-generation American. My mother is from (former) East Germany, my father is from southern France.
- I love my hubby (married 15 years) and being a mom to our four children - ages 5, 9, 11, 14. I say I am a Golf Widow, but that is OK because he says he has become a Quilting Widow. ☺
- My husband and I are both the youngest of four children in our families.
- My parents, siblings and in-laws are all local, which makes for large family gatherings at the holidays.
- After college, I had my professional career for 15 years in IT as a software engineer and database administrator.
- I love weddings and had my own business as a wedding planner.
- I like to be organized and I cannot function in clutter.
- I bought my first sewing machine at the age of 40 (just five years ago).
- Absolutely love machine embroidery and quilting. Wish I had discovered it earlier in life.
- I've run the US Marine Corps Marathon twice while in my 30's. Wish I could run like that again.
Now here are the 11 questions I got asked:
1. How many pets do you have?
One - A sweet Shetland Sheepdog named Lucky.
2. What is your favorite city in the world?
Williamsburg, Virginia - would like to retire there.
3. What kind of books do you read?
Biographies and mysteries
4. Where did you last holiday?
Our last vacation was at the beaches of the Outer Banks, in North Carolina.
5. What is your favorite animal?
6. What is your zodiac sign?
I am a Capricorn. ♑
7. What is your favorite TV show?
I tend to watch The Voice and Dancing with the Stars.
8. What was the best bargain purchase you ever made?
Our office cherry wood L-shape desk and credenza bought at auction for $25.
9. What is your favorite season?
I enjoy autumn. Love the colors and cool air.
10. Do you like to garden?
I wish, but no. Tired it, but not very good at it. :-(
11. If you could, would you make "treechange" or a "seachange"?
I'd probably vote for a "seachange" since we live near lots of countryside currently.
Now here are the questions I want to ask the blogs I tag:
- What time of the day or evening do you do most of your crafting?
- If money was not a concern, what would be the next machine or toy you would buy for your craft?
- How long have you lived in your current city?
- How many states and/or countries have you resided in?
- Do you have any pets? What kind?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- Do you prefer to read a physical book on use an e-reader device like a Kindle?
- Where is your favorite place to vacation?
- Do you prefer to dine-in or go out to eat?
- What is your favorite recipe you like to prepare?
- What did you eat for breakfast?
Blogs I tagged:
- Stitched By Me
- Ali Bee Creations
- Navy Wifey Peters Aboard the USS Crafty
- Creatin' in the Sticks
- Life with Lou
- Freemotion by the River
- My Life: A Little of this.... A Little of That
- Sunshine and Lollipops
- Just Another Day in Paradise...Again
- Les Quilts
- Little Pink Rose Quilting & Sewing
It's a fun way to learn something new about our blogging friends. I'm looking forward to reading their responses.