Here is the instructions I followed:
- Piece of fabric for lining and accent. Measure and cut at 5-3/4" x 8"
- Piece of fabric for outside. Measure and cut at 5-3/4" x 6-3/4"
- Piece of batting. Measure and cut at 5-3/4" x 6-3/4"
- Place the outside fabric, right-side facing up, on top of the piece of batting so that the size matches up.
- Place the piece of lining fabric, right-side facing down, centered on top o the other two pieces.
- Sew a 1/4" seam down both the shorter 5-3/4" sides. The lining fabric will obviously be larger, but that is good!👍🏼
Fabrics sewn together along shorter side.
- Turn the fabrics out and press it smooth. The lining piece will show on the two shorter sides.
Turn and press.
- Fold the shorter sides into the center so the lining piece is showing.
- Pin and sew 1/4" seam along both shorter ends.
Sew along the shorter sides.
- I trim the stray threads, corners and edge to made a smooth edge when turned out.
Trim threads and clip corners.
- Turn your cover inside out and you're done!
You can keep the tissues inside their plastic wrapper and just pop them inside the cover, with the package opening facing up.